Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Washington Wednesday: 3 Caps and a Joe

Three Caps and a QB

OK first there is still time (I've had to extend it numerous times) to enter my Group Box Break. Just Five more slots (halfway home) and I can make it a real break and not have to break down to Plan B. Do I have to get down on my knees? Do I have to even say what evil diabolical scheme Plan B really is? I don't think you want to know, I don't want to know and I know what it is. It might involve sacrificing some cards to the cardboard gods do you want that to happen? Anyway on to the real subject of this post.

A while back I had gotten some cards from a blog draft that Shane over at Shoebox Legends held. It was loads of fun... hmm I might try doing one of those sometime. I got a bunch of cards from it many of which were my first few choices and excellent additions to my PC. Over at TCC I blogged about what I had gotten I really should gather the cards for a group scan. *Say Cheese!* I got some homie cards out of it (including a couple of Nationals that will be mentioned sometime on my Curly W Cards blog).

 2008-9 Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 Young Guns
499 Karl Alzner Capitals
(Front and Back)

Ack the Capitals haven't done too well so far in this abbreviated 2012-2013 Season (really only 2013 Season now). They just lost their home opener to the Winnipeg Jets 4-2. Their first opening home loss since 2000. UGH! 0-2 now.

 2009-10 Upper Deck Hockey Series 1 Young Guns
235 Michal Neuvirth Capitals
(Front and Back)

These other two cards I had gotten from TCC from a forum members package "Chain" that I had started, based on a previous package chain. I'm sure you are familiar with the concept (I think there is some sort of Blog Chain going around but I'm not sure since I'm not in all the blogsphere/blogiverse circles). Basically a collector ships out a package to another collector that is on a predetermined list he created of participants. Upon receiving the package the second collector takes the cards he wants (if any) and replaces the cards he took with other cards, he then sends the package (the remainder of the original contents plus what he added) to a third collector and so on until the last person on the list sends the package back to the original sender. It is sort of like a multiple-team trade. Not many cards in the batch but a few for my PC and then a few cards to add to the next chain package.

Amongst the cards in the chain for my PC were this last Capital Auto card. I tried to adjust the brightness/contrast/gamma to make it better viewable online but since it is one of those chrome silver refractor type cards it doesn't scan to well to begin with and in real-life is pretty dark as well. And yes the autograph is hard to see in reality.

 1999-2000 BAP Millenium Signature Autograph
244 Jamie Huscroft Capitals
(Front and Back)

And this vintage 1970s Redskins card. 

 1978 Topps Football 416 Joe Theismann Redskins
(Front and Back)

Well that is it until next time. If you have some Washington sports team (Redskins, Nationals, Senators, Capitals, Bullets, Wizards) cards you want to get rid of you can always send them to me (I even do Orioles and Ravens a bit as well).

1 comment: