Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Washington Wednesday: March Madness 2015


MARCH MADNESS
a Complete Team Set: Bullets Edition

First this post is not about College Hoops championship games which occur this time of year. This is about a completion of another Homie Team Set. This time one of the easier Basketball sets of the Bullets from the 1990s. The only "rare" card I think this team set contains is a color swap/error variant which isn't really all THAT rare. It isn't necessary to have all variants for a team set to be considered complete, but it is fun having them. The other cards seem to be super easy to find as this set is smack dab in the middle of the junk years.

1990-91 Fleer Basketball: Washington Bullets
164 Pervis Ellision
190 Mark Alarie
191 Ledell Eackles
192 Harvey Grant: EER First name in black letters
192 Harvey Grant: COR First name in white letters
193 Tom Hammonds
194 Bernard King
195 Jeff Malone: Traded to Utah Jazz
196 Darrell Walker

 1990-91 Fleer Basketball Update: Washington Bullets
U-97 Pervis Ellison
U-98 A.J.English
U-99 Greg Foster

The set is 1990-91 Fleer Basketball The Washington Bullets. I have included one player that was traded to the New Orleans Utah Jazz Jeff Malone because he is pictured in his Bullets uniform even though the card is branded with the Jazz logo and the "Traded to Utah" bubble. I also have included the three cards from the Update set which technically is a smaller team set. The design of the set makes me want to get the rest of the set. I do have a lot of cards from this set, but haven't cataloged all of them. **sigh** a collector's work is NEVER done.

I also have three cards from players who used to be Bullets a few seasons before. I think I'll reserve yakking about them in a later post.

Interested in a Basketball Group Break? Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I have a TON of these if you need them. I don't know how many but probably into the hundreds. Almost a complete set.

    This set drives me nuts, though, because I know I have the black lettered Harvey Grant...but I can't find it.

    ReplyDelete