Thursday, April 30, 2020

MFTP: A Handful of Rams From 67 and 73


MailDazed From The Pazt:
A Handfull of Rams from 1967 & 1973

OK so for this post I was going to do a Strive For '65 post but the cards I wasn't sure if I had blogged about or not I had blogged about well over a year ago. I don't think I blogged about the cards that were with them, but those 2 or 3 cards are for some other post some other time ...maybe. Right now I want to show off some later vintage cards and some that are more Neo-Vintage cards. All of them are Los Angeles Rams cards. Oh big surprise there huh? I'm pressed for time to get this post in while it is still April so I won't go into details on the players or even the cards specifically. I'll just show 'em. I'm not very good at telling about player's careers anyway.

I received the cards on 31 December 2018 from a Sportlots auction. Apparently they were all part of one single five card lot that I got for 25¢ plus $3.50 shipping. There are 5 cards total, Two 1967 Philadelphia Gum Football Cards and Three 1973 Topps Football Cards.

1967 PHILADELPHIA GUM FOOTBALL

1967 Philadelphia Gum Football: 90 Dave Jones Los Angeles Rams

1967 Philadelphia Gum Football: 91 Tommy McDonald Los Angeles Rams

1973 TOPPS FOOTBALL

1973 Topps Football: 41 Les Josephson Los Angeles Rams

1973 Topps Football: 324 Gene Howard Los Angeles Rams

1973 Topps Football: 365 Dave Elmendorf Los Angeles Rams

5 comments:

  1. Deacon is the only name I'm familiar with... but what a name that is. He played his final game when I was barely two years old, but I'd grow up to hear stories about him from my father. The fact that he coined the term "sack" summarizes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 1973 set! I still have memories of some of the Rams visiting our youth flag football league for a football fundamentals clinic. Even Dave Elmendorf was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Deacon alone was worth the price of the lot, the rest were just extras!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was one of the main reasons I got the lot other than the obvious I'm a Rams fan. From a value point of view I'm a little bummed that card is soooooooo offset/miscut but from the sheer collecting view of it, it is actually pretty cool.

      Delete
  4. READ CAREFULLY TO HELP SOMEONE
    My name is clara i'm from uk,i want to use this opportunity to disclose a vital information which I was asked not to.i have a brother who work as an anonymous he was the one who told me about this FREE CARD that you can used in buying and cash out a limit amount of money.he further told me their manager specialize in doing FREE CARD that he his going to send me his email but i should not expose him to manager in case he ask me how i got his email, that i found it on the internet so two days after i contacted him he reply was what's your name and how did you got my email which i told him exactly what my brother told me so after that he further asked me how he can be off help to me which i did by explaining my financial situation.After my explanation he asked some question which i answer then he reply by telling me he his a God fearing man that he was touch by my story that his going to help me.i was so happy he didn't rejected my offer.   So after the interaction he ask me to give him some days that he will get back to me,then after a week interval in the morning i receive a package unknowingly to me he was the FREE CARD follow by the instruction how am going to register and used it.today making it a year plus that have been using this FREE CARD.  NOTE;my major aim of revealing this information is because someone out there is passing through financial challenge you can as well reach him via email [officialfreecardmanager@gmail.com]
     TRY YOUR LUCK WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

    ReplyDelete