Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Sketching A Post Out

 It has been a long time since I've made a post about sketch cards. It has been a long time since I have looked for or even bought any. The cards in this post I have been meaning to post about for some time since I have had them for 10-11 years. My criteria for sketch cards is generally first their appearance and that includes the quality of the art work and the price. Just like regular cards I don't like the super high prices that many ask for any card let alone a semi rare art card. Back when I used to hunt for sketch cards a decade ago. Many of them were just that a SKETCH card, usually one of a kind and often they were in just pencil or uncolored black pen & ink. Then some of the artists colored in their work and often they would make print copies to sell so they could keep their original art. I don't mind photocopies if they look OK and if I know upon purchase that they are prints. Anyway that is more than enough talk, time to show the cards. Oh one of these cards I have another sketch card by the same artist whose full name I do not know. In a previous post I mentioned another card by the artist named "Phil" whom I can't make out the last name.

So let me start by showing this second card by the artist "Phil" this is one of two sketch cards I have with Pauley Perrette as her character Abby Sciuto. It is also one of two sketch cards I'm showing that have a gold sticker "sealing" the card as a "Limited Edition Collectors Series". Back in the day I loved getting them for the gold seal to show they were sort of authentic, but if you really think about it, it doesn't make them any more special, as often the seal can be worn or damaged negating the whole specialness of them.

2012? Sketch card NCIS canvas prints Pauley Perrette as Abby Sciuto by Phil #200/250

Next the other "sealed" card from a similar series probably commissioned by the same Ebay seller from the Doctor Who canvas prints series we have Matt Smith as The 11th Doctor floating with his TARDIS by Michael Celona.

2012? Sketch card Doctor Who canvas prints Matt Smith as The Doctor by Michael Celona #246/250

Now the other Abby Sciuto sketch card this time by artist David Coalburn this one seems to be a print and it is numbered to only 25 and is dated 2012.

2012 sketch card Pauley Perrette as Abby Sciuto by David Coalburn #2/25

The final card is another print numbered to 25 by artist David Coalburn this time the subject is Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.

2012 sketch card Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman by David Coalburn #1/25


2 comments: