Saturday, April 8, 2017

Strive For '65 Saturday: A Poker Hand Sight Unseen

STRIVE FOR '65 STATUS:
08 Apr 2017
Strive for '65 | 1965 Set Build | Master Want List
 Current card count: 262/598 (264/600) 44.1%

Here is the link to my last update that included a special "variant" bonus card that doesn't count in the grand tally of the set. This update includes a couple of unintended dupes, but the card count did go up a few.

Monday 03 Apr 2017:
I ended up winning a Sportlots auction 5 card lot of 1965 Topps Baseball. A week or so ago I had tried for another card lot from the same seller but didn't win that 10 card lot. Both lots the one I won and the one I lost were sight unseen the seller doesn't include scans in his auctions either he doesn't bother or he doesn't have the ability to. I'm thinking the latter. He manages to get his lots sold though. He uses BuyMyCards.net as was evident with the packaging for the lot I received.

Since I had no image to go by and he didn't list the card numbers I was flying blind with this lot. I had feared that I might end up with 5 cards I already had. Fortunately there were only 2 duplicates in the lot. All of the cards were in excellent shape so I might swap these dupes with my previous copies depending on conditions. As I said earlier I had tried for a 10 card lot of '65s but lost that one. This lot I thought I would loose as well especially since the bid went from my original 25¢ bid up to $1.25 fortunately that was the highest it went and I was high bidder. Shipping was also high at $5.00 ouch. I'm guessing a lot of that was the handling via BMCN. The cards were each in penny sleeves. the 5 card lot was sandwiched between two card sized pieces of cardboard (pretty good box cardboard) and sealed in a clear plastic bag/pouch, and that pouch was in a larger plastic "team" sized bag. OH actually I think the "team" bag was a bubble bag that was sealed shut.


One of the pieces of cardboard "bread" had a "BuyMyCards.Net" stamped on it, plus the return address and mailing label had the BMCN on it so I knew where it came from. I'm going to look into that place if all the shipping is done this nicely. So here are the 50+ year old cards for my ancient set build I got.


84 Ron Herbel Giants(dupe)
93 Jack Fisher Mets
100 Ken Boyer Cardinals (dupe)
315 Frank Malzone Red Sox
365 Jim Gentile Athletics


The Latest Additions:
Monday 03 Apr 2017:
84 Ron Herbel Giants(dupe)
93 Jack Fisher Mets
100 Ken Boyer Cardinals (dupe)
315 Frank Malzone Red Sox
365 Jim Gentile Athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment