In a February (2024) mailday I received a couple of "cards" from someone. I think it was someone from TCDB I may have traded with in the past, but could have been someone who has read my blog about my niche collections, specifically my name niche "Kirk" collection. They sent two "cards" of players from the Oakland Athletics from around the 1990s-2010s one of the players was a Curt the other a real Kirk. It was a nice gesture but I have doubts about their legitimacy as authentic commercially made cards. The cards are on thin paper stock for cards, more like thin business card stock, the photos on the fronts are black and white "Xerox" images. They are an OK copy quality, better than ordinary Xerox but I do suspect these things are homemade. The backs just simply have the player's name and the team name Oakland Athletics in regular typewriter typeface font. There was no note with the cards they were just sent PWE with the two in a single toploader. I think there was a thin cereal box cardboard strip the toploader was taped to. If it had that. I forget since I usually recycle the packaging the day I open things to try to control my cluttering. I was just so miffed about the cards being so generic looking.
Let me see, I located some other cards of Misters Young and Mr. Dressendorfer that I have, including a couple that are signed. I'm fairly sure the autographed cards were part of a package I got years ago from a blogger that had in person cards and sent a few of my PC players, some of the autos were on plain index cards some like these on cards. In all there were maybe a dozen to maybe two dozen max. I'm not sure where most of that batch of cards is.







No comments:
Post a Comment