Saturday, September 23, 2017

Strive For '65 Saturday: Is One Twin Still A Twin?

STRIVE FOR '65 STATUS:
23 Sep 2017
Strive for '65 | 1965 Set Build | Master Want List
Current card count: 265/598 (267/600) 44.6%

Here is the link to my last update.

Sigh I wanted to originally post this last week a week after I had gotten the first card. I got myself hung up on procrastinating on the scanning of that card. Now I have since gotten two more cards to add to the mix.

So I wonder? Is a Single Twin still a Twin? OK just playing of course they are. This particular Twin card is a player who begin his major league career with The Washington Senators (1.0) and continued on with The Minnesota Twins. Had a 13 season career with the same franchise.

Saturday 02 Sep 2017:
From a Sportlots auction for 25¢ + 69¢ shipping. The shipping is for just this card, I won two other 25¢ auctions from the same seller so I got 3 cards in one PWE the total shipping was $3.37. One of those cards I'll mention on my Curly W Cards blog sometime. The third I should mention here under my Name Niche PC feature.

180 Bob Allison Twins

Tuesday 19 Sep 2017:
I had recently ordered a bunch of cards off of Sportlots oddly though these two cards came from some auctions I bid on just after I had placed that order. They are from two auctions from a seller I had bid on 8 auctions. 2 of those auctions were for a lot of 8 cards so all total I got twenty-two 1960s vintage Baseball and Football cards from that seller. The shipping was highway robbery at $8.52 and all the auctions I got the cards for 25¢ each except these two of course which I got for 75¢ each . They were the only 2 auctions from the batch that had another bidder on it and it was the same bidder for both auctions who upped the price to 50¢, and my max bid got me to the 75¢ winning bid. If I hadn't bought from this seller before I would have suspected shilling, but I'm guessing it was a rookie buyer just bidding the minimum bid price without selecting a "max" bid number. Anyway here are those two cards:

89 Mike Hershberger White Sox

98 Bob Miller Dodgers

The Latest Additions:
Tuesday 19 Sep 2017:
89 Mike Hershberger White Sox
98 Bob Miller Dodgers

Saturday 02 Sep 2017:
180 Bob Allison Twins

2 comments:

  1. Charging $8.52 to ship that amount of cards is just obscene! Ridiculous shipping rates is just one of the many reasons why I rarely even bother to check Sportlots anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no combined shipping on the auctions sucks. Like I said I had bid on multiple auctions from that seller. Buying stuff from the stores is more cost efficient and the shipping costs are better and combined, well actually just sort of put on a bulk scale really.

      Delete