Monday, November 30, 2020

1991-92 Pro Set Platinum Hockey Celebrity Captains

Before I begin my card collecting tale (one of many tall tales of my collecting days and collection) I want to say that the last few months I have struggled a little with my desire to continue to blog about cards, or even blog at all. Mostly it is my desire to keep my posts per month tally current that keeps me going. I don't like seeing gaps in my posting calendar. Now days it is mostly for me as I don't have very many followers and never will have a whole bunch. I can dream all I want, but the fact is I don't produce enough quality content on a consistent basis to gain even a few dozen followers. But there are still a ton of cards I want to post about. Another fact is there just isn't enough time to create all the content I have had planned for the blog. I have some ideas that I have had for years that I hope to eventually blog about, even have the cards in a box somewhere ready to scan. But I digress way too much.

Pro Set Platinum Logo image from Puck Junk blog


OK here is a post about the 1991-92 Pro Set Platinum Hockey set. It is specifically about the Celebrity Captains sub-set. I was going to say while looking through my card collection/hoard hunting for a subject to post about I stumbled upon these cards. Well no I didn't stumble upon them because it wasn't while hunting, or maybe it was and I found one, but remembered I had another and discovered a few I had that I wasn't sure I had, but didn't find the One that I was really thinking about mentioning.

It looks like there are only 12 cards in the sub-set and I have half of them. 

OK so the ones that I have that I wasn't sure I had. I am pretty sure they were from a small Sportlots.com order I made to get some of the cards from this sub-set. are these:

1991-92 Pro Set Platinum Hockey: Celebrity Captains:
290 Burton Cummings - Winnipeg Jets
294 David Wheaton - Minnesota North Stars
298 Gaetan Boucher - Quebec Nordiques
293 Jim Kelly - Buffalo Sabres

The card that I "stumbled" upon that reminded me I wanted to pick up the build for this sub-set again was this Neighborhood Friendly one:

1991-92 Pro Set Platinum Hockey: Celebrity Captains:
297 Fred Rogers - Pittsburgh Penguins

The card I was really wanting to show I couldn't find on quick notice. Not sure where I placed it, but I looked in just about all the places I thought it would be. Anyway the card is from my Homie Washington Capitals and a guy who used to yuck it up with all sorts of celebs before he retired. Yep talk host Larry King: Anyway I couldn't find my copy so I used the images from The Trading Card Database for this card.

1991-92 Pro Set Platinum Hockey: Celebrity Captains:
292 Larry King - Washington Capitals
Images for this card are from Trading Card Database

I think I will add the cards I'm missing to my shopping cart over at Sportlots again. I think I had some of them there but those copies either sold or the seller did something bad and was removed, or the most common reason the cards had been sitting in my cart for way too long and Sportlots emptied them from my cart due to being too old.

4 comments:

  1. A few weeks ago I wrote about Freddie Freeman and was going through the different Freds in my collection. I was hoping to find a copy of that Mr. Rogers card, but it didn't happen. I'll have to follow your lead and look for one on Sportlots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be one of the great forgotten subsets from the Junk Wax era. Burton Cummings GUESS WHO. THESE EYES, THESE EYES ARE CRYING.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have this set somewhere, yet many of the cards seem unfamiliar to me. The Jim Kelly Sabres card is neat. I remember being disappointed that the Whalers celebrity captain was Susan Saint James, though looking back I'm impressed that anyone remotely famous would cheer for the Whale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having problems with your salary during the COVID-19 Virus Pandemic? Let us help you, just as always. We are proud to do the job here, bringing help to those who needs it.
    Be careful anytime you are buying cc or dumps etc from, i was searching for a legit vendor before after been ripped so many time until i met someone who was recommended by Admin of a carding forums
    They sell the following Fresh good Dumps+ pin, Different Countries CVV, Fullz,, SSN DOB, Social Media Profiles Boost, Banks logins, Paypal with G-talk verified, Ebay, Amazon accounts logins, bestbuy, all kinds of shops account available, RDP, Mailers PHP,Best Leads. EMV Software Reader Writer all are available, etc CC Format we selling are:|Card #|Exp. Date|CVV/CVV2|First Name|Last Name|Street|City|State|Zip Code|Country|Phone|Type Of Card|Bank Name|

    They are among the best, legit left in the world they gave me my biggest cash out in cc and dumps till date, i advise you to get your tools ready and have a good setup if you want to get success in your transaction
    you can reach them on below contacts

    Email: jdenterprises@qualityservice.com
    gary.jones00222@gmail.com
    hark212@hotmail.com
    Telegram: https://t.me/validvendors
    icq: chat- 711343039
    Your financial solutions, stop stressing in silence
    Thank me later

    ReplyDelete