Saturday, May 29, 2021

Strive For '65 Saturday: From Mom & Pop At Ebay

STRIVE FOR '65 STATUS:
29 May 2021
Strive for '65 | 1965 Set Build | Master Want List
Current card count: 300/598 (302/600) 50.2%

Here is the link to my last update from March of 2019. WOW. Somewhere I have a card I got between then and this batch, but I didn't record it here. I'm pretty sure it was in one of my COMC orders. That single card itself didn't get me past the half-way point, and it isn't in the official tally yet. However these six cards from Mom & Pop Cards on Ebay did put my percentage collected over the half-way mark. Yes that is the name of their Ebay store "Mom & Pop Card Shop". Some of their prices are a bit steep but man do they have a great selection of stuff. I also got some football cards from them, but I will only discuss the 1965 Topps Baseball I got from them in this post of course. The prices ranged from $3 to $6 and averaged at $3.83 per card. Not bad and the shipping was FREE.


Friday 23 Apr 2021:
Got a small Priority Mail box filled with some goodies including these 6 cards for my Strive For '65 Set build. As I mentioned above.



Here are the cards:

117 Wes Stock Athletics

126 Los Angeles Dodgers Team Card

271 Don Wert Tigers

299 Jerry Zimmermann Twins

352 Jerry Lumpe Tigers

378 Chuck Estrada Orioles

To the best of my knowledge Chuck Estrada is not related to actor Erik Estrada in any way. When I first saw the back of the card I thought there was some paper loss on the comic image, but it was part of the flames coming off of the fast ball.

The Latest Additions:
Friday 23 Apr 2021:
117 Wes Stock Athletics
126 Los Angeles Dodgers Team Card
271 Don Wert Tigers
299 Jerry Zimmerman Twins
352 Jerry Lumpe Tigers
378 Chuck Estrada Orioles

Since getting this lot I have gotten a few other cards for this build through a Sportlots stores splurge. They will be in my next update sometime soon. Not all those next batch of cards are in yet.

3 comments:

  1. Very attractive cards and they look like they are in fantastic condition. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some solid names on that Dodgers team card! I recognize the eBay seller, but don't know if I've ever bought from them or not. Free shipping is always nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 65T design is one of my favorites from the decade. Who doesn't appreciate a pennant on a baseball card? Don't think I've taken the time to appreciate the team cards. I'm off to COMC to see if they have a cheap copy of the A's team card.

    ReplyDelete