Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Deadlines? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Deadline.

Well OK I guess we will need a deadline. It has been pretty quiet so far. That is a bit depressing. I was hoping I wouldn't need to make a deadline for this. I was hoping that March Madness and the NBA Playoffs coming up would be enough to sell this thing. Guess I really should have thought about it at the BEGINNING of the Basketball season. Unfortunately I didn't have the urge to bust open some Basketball boxes until the end of March around when March Madness was ending.

So hey kids there are still plenty of cool teams available for this multi-box group break. For full details cruise down to the group break post and sign-up. Also don't forget to pay promptly (or ASAP). Sign-Up before 30 Apr Midnight Eastern time.

All teams are Chosen, no Random teams. First team is $10 additional teams are $5 each. All hits from the break will be distributed to break members. The unclaimed team hits will be randomized.

I am breaking 5 Basketball Boxes: (Well 7 Really)

2012-13 Panini Prestige Basketball Hobby Box
2012-13 Panini NBA Hoops Basketball 11 Pack Box (3)
2012-13 Panini Past & Present Basketball Hobby Box
2013-14 Panini NBA Hoops Basketball Jumbo Box
2014-15 Panini NBA Hoops Basketball Hobby Box

I already opened the 7 freebie packs and posted the video for them on YouTube. Those cards will be included in the group break.

The boxes are already in hand the only thing keeping this break from happening is MORE PEOPLE. There are 19 teams still available. Many of them old favorites. If the break gets 2/3 full (9 more teams) before the sign-up deadline I can start busting early.

Worst case scenario is that I go with what we have right now with 11 teams taken and only 4 people. That is a pretty poor showing for a blog group break. So starting sometime around May First I'll start busting the boxes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not big on basketball, but I might join in. I won't commit to it yet because I'm not sure if I have the cash, but once I know one way or another I'll let you know. Thanks for the updates, as I keep forgetting. I'll try to promote it on my blog and twitter if I can remember it. I'm all for cheap box breaks, I thought about doing the same with some early 90's boxes, but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete